Our Client is a leading Indian private sector bank providing a wide range of financial products and services. In operation for more than 100 years, The bank has a strong presence in southern India and is known for its customer-centric approach and innovative solutions. In this case study, we will explore how SBA and IBM worked together to ensure data security and improve business continuity for the bank.
Managing and storing the growing volumes of data raised concerns of business continuity and data security. With the existing infrastructure due for refresh & update, our client felt the need for an upgrade to meet the increasing data storage demands and to cut out the inefficiencies. SBA proposed a solution that can provide efficient data management and storage to improve performance, optimize storage utilization, and enhance data security.
- Data localization and Data Security
- Storage consolidation for core banking application
- Superior Performance
IBM FS7300 is a high-performance storage solution designed to meet the increasing data storage demands of organizations.
- High Availability and Reliability: It offers an active-active architecture that enables data to be available even during maintenance or hardware failures. The system also supports advanced data protection features such as snapshots, cloning, and mirroring, which ensure data integrity and provide faster data recovery in case of data loss or corruption.
- Auto-tiering: IBM FS7300 optimizes storage utilization and reduces costs by automatically moving data between different storage tiers based on usage patterns.
- Thin Provisioning: IBM FS7300 optimizes storage utilization by allocating storage space on an as-needed basis.
- Scalability: It supports up to 8 nodes in a cluster and up to 16 PB of storage, which can be expanded by adding more nodes and storage.
- Easy to Manage: IBM FS7300 is easy to manage, with a user-friendly interface that simplifies storage administration.
- Decreased Latency of CBS for both critical and non critical users, even in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities
- Super customer experience for bank walk-ins and digital banking
- Superior performance and data storage capacity
- Enhanced Data security
- Streamlined procedures for business continuity and disaster recovery