A mighty challenge is looming and it's time organizations plan for their future. 2025 is fast approaching and migration to SAP HANA will be top priority for IT Leaders and administrators.
As many wrestle with idea of whether to deploy HANA appliances, move to SAP HANA Cloud or stay put on their current database stack (that they have spent years investing in to their unique environments) IBM has worked with many partners like SBA Info Solutions to move forward well ahead of the deadline.
Why SAP HANA, why now?
With SAP HANA,
- You gain a single, secure environment for all of your mission-critical data assets
- You can manage large volumes of structured and unstructured data efficiently to improve total cost of ownership.
- You can simplify your IT landscape and reduce administrative effort by consolidating multiple workloads onto SAP HANA.
With Increasing interest to adopt Predictive analytics, Machine Learning- HANA's advanced analytical processing capabilities, application development capabilities can't be natively acquired from SAP ERP. Additionally, these capabilities are overshadowed by HANA's ability to handle both transactions and analytics in memory on a single data copy.
Find answers to all your Power questions :- IBM Power resources | IBM
Business case for ERP transformation
An important difference between being a leader and a laggard in your category is the ability to innovate. We believe that S/4HANA can be a key part of a digital enablement platform for generating innovation and business value for organizations like yours. For many organizations utilizing SAP ERP today, the next logical step is to consider a move to S/4HANA.
While some organizations may view end of support for SAP ECC in 2025 as a reason to act, our view is that an accelerated roadmap to S/4HANA Digital Core is an essential part of a digital growth agenda to generate significant business value, sooner rather than later.
Furthermore, S/4HANA should be seen as a part of an organization’s wider digital reinvention strategy – it’s not a technical version upgrade for a future point in time. It’s a transformation.
Why your IT infrastructure matters
The journey to SAP HANA can be a major transition. The decision of how you choose to implement it will impact your business for many years to come. IBM Power Systems is the platform built for big data workloads and the platform that you can bet your business on.
Clients across industries, geographies, company size and SAP HANA storage environment size, all recognize IBM Power Systems as the preferred platform to provide flexibility without compromise.
IBM Power Servers for SAP HANA
IBM Power Systems is supported for Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI) which gives you the flexibility to use storage and networking of choice and change configurations and have support from SAP – all while achieving lower TCA and TCO. This means that you can use nearly any IBM Power Systems for SAP HANA and reuse storage and networking already on hand.
IBM customers using SAP HANA on IBM Power Systemscan expect remarkable results:
- Flexible for changing demands:IBM Power Systems, the first platform to provide a supported environment for virtualized instances of SAP HANA, is capable of running up to 8 SAP HANA production VMs on one system. IBM has this virtualization capability without the restrictions of VMware and with the added benefit of an unprecedented 80 percent system utilization guarantee for enterprise class systems.
- Resilient for continuous availability:Designed for up to 99.999%, Power Systems maximizes SAP HANA availability and provides the ability to preemptively migrate applications before failures occur using advanced self-monitoring and predictive failure alerts.
- High-performance to accelerate insights:IBM Power Systems offers a 4X advantage in multi-threading and high-bandwidth memory compared to x86 offers larger environments (up to 32TB), all with fewer cores and outstanding performance.
IBM storage solutions for SAP applications
As you transition to SAP HANA you’ll also need purpose-built storage solutions to keep your valuable data safe and secure. IBM Storage Solutions for SAP Applications is a portfolio of system components that have been curated to support SAP HANA and S/4HANA databases. It’s a combination of Spectrum Suite software and Spectrum Storage hardware to support SAP applications and in-memory database workloads.
IBM customers using SAP HANA on IBM Storage can anticipate exceptional results:
- SAP Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI) Certified:Select IBM Storage with the assurance that IBM Storage has curated systems certified to fulfill the requirements of your SAP HANA environment
- Flexible for changing demands:IBM Spectrum Storage is the first software-defined storagefamily designed to simplify and speed storage management, scale with data anywhere and optimize economics with multi-brand virtualization, intelligent tiering and open application programming interface (API) support.
- Reliable, efficient data protection:Data protection for business-critical analytics with IBM Spectrum Protect enables reliable, efficient data protection and resiliency for software-defined, virtual, physical and cloud SAP environments.
- High-performance to accelerate insights:Whether cost-effective hybrid storage or application-accelerating flash storage, we can accommodate environments from entry-level to enterprise, leading to data center footprint reduction of up to 88 percent and performance increases of up to 18 percent.
Smart choice for all SAP HANA deployments hosted on premises, hybrid and cloud
Implementing SAP HANA on the IBM Platform enables faster time to insight, now and in the future. Most importantly, as you transition to an SAP HANA database, SBA&IBM can help you to manage the transition every step of the way.
In line with SAP best practices, we can provide support for any migration to IBM Power Systems servers and storage.
If you’re committed to a future with an SAP ERP landscape, then SAP HANA is the way forward. Why defer the inevitable outcome, when you can embrace the future right now? Reach out to us for your free consultation and start your journey today with an assessment for an SAP HANA project.